Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Mar 1992 07:26:51 EST
As I've stated on this list earlier, we are in the process of setting up
LISTSERV's public minidisks as read-only available via anonymous FTP.

One concern is that many files on the VM-UTIL list are 'GET' by 'NAD'
only.  We cannot think of a way to make these files unavailable via
anonymous FTP to 'NADs' only.  In fact, with the growth of Internet
sites we believe that there are many 'NAD'-like people on non-BITNET
machines who would greatly benefit by having access to and use of those
files.

I think its time to re-think the 'NAD' only idea.  Since most of those
files require some advanced privilege, what is the concern?

Thanks,
Jim...