Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Fri, 04 Dec 87 15:25:44 CST
I guess I spoke too soon; apparently the worlds largest manufacturer has
been doing it anyway.  My apologies to IBM.

Now how do we get it into service on BITNET?

> The new release of RSCS V2 contains a feature called the list processor.
> We've had it inside IBM for many years (at least six -- I don't know
> why it took so long to get out).  It needn't be installed at every node.

Does RSCS/LIST have to know which nodes do support it and which don't in order
to make sure things go the right way?  I can't figure out how it would be done
in any other way.  It might otherwise try to send a sublist to the next node
as one file to *LIST when it doesn't support it.

What happens NOW without this feature if a file is sent to *LIST ?  Can a real
userid called *LIST be created to fake the list handling as an interim?