Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:18:00 -0700
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:22:35 -0500, David Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>We want to send out a more "personalized"
>note and want the subscribers name in the the TO: field.

Doing this requires the use of Mail-Merge technology.  This requires the use of
our LSMTP 1.1b SMTP mailer program and you must use a different method of
sending the messages (messages are actually sent as a list-based DISTRIBUTE
MAIL-MERGE command job)  This can be used only for one-way or announcement style
lists.  It will not work for discussion style lists.