Jean Bedard <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:15:18 -0400
>>  We are about to convert from LISTSERV vesrsion 1.7F on VM to LISTSERV 1.8b
>> on either VM or UNIX.

>Hi. Let add a few additional comments to Roger Fajman's. Roger was the
>LISTSERV expert and I did the UNIX part. What we decided to do was
>move the lists with as little interruption as possible as well as have
>a mechcanism to back out anything if some unintended consequence
>happened. This is why we choose the New-list= method.

Are you sure New-list works correctly with 1.7f under VM? I seem to recall
it didn't work for me, or at least not to my expectations. I finally had to
manually forward all mail directed to LISTSERV, all its lists, owner-list,
list-request, etc... to the new listserv under UNIX.I don't recall exactly
what didn't work, though.

* Jean Bidard, S.I.T., Universiti Laval
* (418) 656-3632 #4014