David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 08:52:08 -0500
My server has been bombarded with HELP commands from [log in to unmask]
and I thought I should let you all know about it in case anyone else has had
similar activity.  Last Friday, my server received over 3000 commands before
we blocked the address at our main mail server.  At some point this past
week, that block was removed and my server started receiving traffic from
this address again this morning (500 or so).  I've attempted to contact the
postmaster at this domain with no response.  As a result of these apparent
attacks, our campus has blocked all mail traffic from the zsnp.sk domain.
The mail my server is getting contains only the HELP command but LSMTP isn't
blocking duplicate mail messages because the name in the From: field is
different every time.  Has anyone else encountered this?  I could block the
commands at my server but that would only generate error reports to me.  If
anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks and beware!

C. David Young
Central Systems Support
University Of Texas At Arlington
Arlington TX 76019-0318