Matthew M Fondel <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 18:44:48 EST
Proposed List:  Relationshipllc

to marry or couples who are unable to legally marry (i.e., Gay and
Lesbian Couples) creating limited liability companies (LLC) to obtain
most of the benefits normally available only through marriage.  The list
would be composed of (1) Couples who have created limited liability
companies; (2) couples and people considering creating limited liability
companies; (3) Lawyers, acccountants and other support professionals
interested in sharing information on management, taxation and other legal
issues associated with Relationship LLCs.  Given that LLCs may have
non-citizens as members and that managing a business like an LLC may aid
in non-citizens obtaining residence status in the US, we anticipate a lot
of interest from foreign residents, and from non-citizens living in the
US who are interested in immigration issues as they relate to LLCs.

Size:  The number of people who have expressed interest in the list so
far is small (about 25), however as the concept becomes more widely know,
we would expect the list to be grow to maybe 600 (the approximate size of
a current  law mailing list of people who may have a direct interest in
the Relationship LLC concept).

MO:  List would be open to anyone to join and with only members being
able to post.

Archives:  1 M.  We have our own domain and can store the archieve over
1M on our own web page.  Our web page hoster is unable to provide mailing
list hosting on the shared server which our site is on.

Owner:  The owner of the list Relationship, L.L.C. is a subsidiary of a
subsidiary of a non-profit organization, At Cost Services, Inc.  At Cost
Services, Inc. has not yet obtained tax exempt status from the IRS.

Contact Person:  Matt Fondel, [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask]  Please respond to contact person
directly.  The Juno e-mail account cannot handle attached files.

Thank you for your time.