Diana Guillen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:48:19 -0600
Michael,

here are the site.cfg files you asked for....the directory C:\LISTSERV\MAIN\ doesn't exist anymore these are two files I found in other directories....I would like
to make those are uninstalled correctly and re install per the directory structure above.....

the information in these files is correct....the directories specified are correct andwhat they shouldbe.....

any help will be greatly APPRECIATED !!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Shannon
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 1:22 AM
  Subject: Re: Uninstalling and reinstalling listserv

  Hi Diana

  >It is a Windows NT platform...
  >IIS 4.0...
  >I believe it is LSMTP
  >
  >when Listserv was first installed the scripts and archives directories
  >were incorrectly stated in the web archives screen....they were changed
  >indicate the correct directories....however, when we try to access
  >something thru the www.listserv.stisidoreparish.org page, the address bar
  >sayswww.listserv.stisidoreparish.orgc:/inetpub/incorrectfolder/etc...etc.
  .

  From the description you give above it looks like you should send a copy
  of your LISTSERV configuration file.  It's called SITE.CFG and is found in
  the X:\LISTSERV\MAIN\ directory (where X: is the drive that LISTSERV's
  installed on).

  It's a plain-text file so you can view it in Notepad and simply copy the
  contents into a new e-mail.  Make sure you XXXX out the CREATEPW=
  parameter before sending the e-mail.

  >this project was initiated at our church by volunteers since there is no
  >full time IT staff...so what they tried doing is uninstalling listserv
  and
  >reinstalling it to reset those variables...but now it seems like there
  are
  >multiple copies of listserv installed.....I would like to have only one
  >LISTSERV program and make sure everything is running right...
  >
  >two things that I know I need for sure is to know how to completely
  remove
  >all existing listserv files or make sure there is only one directory with
  >all the files that it need to run correctly and then make sure the
  scripts
  >and archives variables point to the correct directories..

  Removing LISTSERV is normally as simple as going to Start -> Programs ->
  LISTSERV -> Uninstall LISTSERV or else using the 'Add/Remove Programs'
  applet in Control Panel.  You can do a search of your hard drive(s) for
  any directories named 'LISTSERV' (without the quotes) to see if there are
  any other installations in non-standard directories.

  --
  Regards,
   Michael Shannon

   Chazzozz!!

   LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.

NODE=LISTSERV.STISIDOREPARISH.ORG BITNET_ROUTE=BITMAIL.LSOFT.COM FIOC_TARGET=3072 FIOC_TRIM=3686 FIOC_WARNING=5376 MAXBSMTP=1000 SMTP_FORWARD=MAIL.STISIDOREPARISH.ORG SORT_RECIPIENTS=2 CREATEPW= MYDOMAIN=LISTSERV.STISIDOREPARISH.ORG STISIDOREPARISH.ORG MYDOMAIN=%MYDOMAIN% MAIL.STISIDOREPARISH.ORG MYORG=St. Isidore Parish [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask] SMTP_FORWARD_1=MAIL.STISIDOREPARISH.ORG WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\archives WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI=/cgi-bin/wa.exe **SITE_CONFIG parameters are used by the configuration utility only, and ignored by LISTSERV SITE_CONFIG_CGI_DIR=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin SITE_CONFIG_OPT_DELSYST=LSMTP