Mike Satake <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:42:51 -0700
Hi,

One of our testers reported problems getting the semi-moderated list option
to work.  Is this a known issue?  We're using LISTSERV 1.8e.  Report is
appended.

Thanks,

Mike Satake
University of Hawaii

=====

Hi,

#1 When the list has:

* Send= Private,Semi-Moderated
* Editor= <some-address>

based on the site manager's manual (for LISTSERV 1.8e), with this list
setting, subscriber posts without the use of 'Urgent:' in the subject
line will be sent to the moderator for approval.  When tested, subscriber
posts sent to the list bypass moderation without the use of 'Urgent:' in
the subject line.

Posts from subscribers with 'Urgent:' in the subject line bypass
moderation as expected.  And posts from non-subscribers are rejected
regardlessly, as expected.  The only problem is that subscriber posts that
don't use 'Urgent:' bypass moderation.

#2 When the list has:

* Send= Editor,Semi-Moderated
* Editor= <some-address>

based on the site manager's manual, this is will cause all posts to the
list to go to the moderators for approval unless 'Urgent:' is placed in
the subject line.  However, when tested, if 'Urgent:' is placed in the
subject line, the post is rejected even though the poster is a subscriber.
If the poster doesn't use 'Urgent:' then the post is sent to the
moderator, as expected.

It seems like LISTSERV only recognizes the first parameter but doesn't
recognize the second.