Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 21:06:41 -0700
On Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:50:46 -0500, Eva Kalman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This is our environment (standalone LISTSERV running on an intranet
>with 80% of the people using MS Exchange).   How do I find out about
>these "special configurations" so that I can get the return-receipts
>going back to the originators?

The only likely to be useful settings are

 LANGUAGE= Exchange, HTML

placed in every List Header.  You could also set

DEFAULT_LANGUAGE="EXCHANGE HTML"
export DEFAULT_LANGUAGE

in the go.user file and to make a server-wide default.  This should permit all
MS "rich text" add-on stuff to pass safely through LISTSERV.  However, there may
still be MS proprietary extensions that don't work correctly.

>The question I still have is what is Exchange doing?

At L-Soft, we do not run Exchange internally and we do not claim to be experts
in the internal workings of Exchange, so we are unable to answer this.  Perhaps
others with more experience can do so (or perhaps there are other user support
fora specific to Exchange that could help better than here.)