Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 May 2003 14:29:57 -0400
>Hello,
>
>maybe you can help me with this problem. I became site manager of a
>listserv installation (1.8e) in a Win2000 environment and consider myself
>still being a newbee, please accept my apologies for stupid questions.
>
>From time to time we experience a behavior of listserv, which we cannot
>explain so far and which is quite bothering for the editors. Situation is
>like this:
>
>Listserv accepts requests by e-mail, but the replies are not being sent
>out for some reasons. The web-interface works fine all the time. Requests
>that don't need confirmation are executed by listserv, what I can verify
>in the web interface. After shutdown and restart of listserv all expected
>and still missing mails are sent out immediately.

When this happens, are there a bunch of .mail files in LISTSERV's
spool directories?  If so, if you look in the current SMTPS#1-*.LOG
file in the listserv\spool\ directory there should be errors there
that indicate what is happening when LISTSERV tries to send the mail.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support, L-Soft international, Inc
  LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.