Garrie Burr <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:23:59 -0600
We've got an announcement-only list with about 5,000 subscribers and one
subscriber has gotten the same posting from the list over 30 times in the
last three days.

No one else on the list has been receiving multiple copies.  We
unsubscribed him after the multiple copies the first day.

According to the headers he forwarded from the first three they seem to be
all coming from our system, but we don't see that to be the case on our
logs.  I've called and emailed the support for his Internet Provider, but
so far no response.  He's using Outlook to access his email, so I don't
know if there's some problem with when he's uploading his new mail from
the server, except that it doesn't make sense that this particular posting
would be the only one that's multiplied.

There are five other subscribers on the same list using the same Internet
Provider and they have not had this problem.  I would suspect a virus,
what with all of -that- activity going on this week, but it still seems
strange that only one email posting would be multiplied...

Any suggestions on where else to look?

Garrie Burr, Postmaster
Administrative Information Systems
Washington University in St. Louis