Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:14:42 -0400
On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:44:38 CDT, "Michael L. Wyland" <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> I have noticed that when subscribers post messages using MIME encoding, our
> bottom banners do not display on the messages.  Is this a known problem,
> and is there a workaround available?

This is a known design feature of MIME.  The problem is that if you have a
multipart/* MIME type, anything before the first MIME boundary or after the
last one is ignored.  This was intentional - one of the reasons was to provide
a space to put the "This message is in MIME format, if you're seeing this text
your MUA is non-MIME-aware" header that many MIME mailers use.  It ignores the
trailing text because there's no MIME headers attached to it.  You *MIGHT* be
able to fake it out by making your bottom banners look like:
-- cut after this line

Your Message Here
-- cut before this line

But this will leave the 2 header lines visible in all non-MIME postings.

You may want to evaluate what you put in the bottom banners, and decide if
it's really necessary that every subscriber see the text in *every* message -
if you have a legal issue thatyou NEED a disclaimer, that's one thing, but
personally, I find being told how to unsubscribe on every message REAL annoying

;)

--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst