Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Feb 1991 14:33:46 +0100
On Tue, 5 Feb 1991 21:22:00 EST Mark_Strawcutter <MJSTRAW@IUP> said:
>How does one select/default to "BSMTP headers"?

One selects with the SET command (xxxHDR vs xxxBSMTP, where xxx is either
SHORT  or FULL),  and the  default  is BSMTP  for domain-style  addresses
(which usually  have to go  through a  gateway) and non-BSMTP  for BITNET
addresses.

>Our nodes request BSMTP-wrapped mail but To: headers say me.

This  is irrelevant.  The file  might be  sent via  BSMTP between  the VM
mailer and your mailer, it is still an individual, personalized file with
your name in  it. If I want the  VM mailer to send only one  file to your
mailer (or the gateway serving your domain) for N recipients, through the
use of  multiple RCPT TO:  instructions, the  file is obviously  going to
look the same for everybody.

  Eric