Kathryn Cohan-Haerry <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:39:41 -0400
I am installing listserv on a remote Linux server, working closely with the
postmaster, and have so far been successful. The machine where listserv
will reside is not the same machine as the mailserver. The organization
uses Netscape Messaging Server, and not SendMail.

Specs for the machines are:

Listserv System:
Redhat Linux 6.2
Kernel 2.2.16
128 MB RAM
15 GB HD space
Listserv 1.8d

E-mail system:
Windows NT 4 SP4
1 GB RAM
65 GB HD Space
Netscape Message Server 3.62

Both servers are part of the same IP domain.

I am at the point where, according to the instructions, I must use the mail
server's configuration GUI to create "program delivery" aliases for the
listserv and owner-listserv mailboxes. The "program delivery" aliases must
point to the lsv_amin executable which is responsible for passing incoming
mail to listserv in the correct format.

This is what the postmaster sent to me earlier:

"I have a place to store "SMTP channel aliases", but I have not a clue as
to how to point these to an executable, let alone one that is non-local.
This is where you must contact existing listserv admins and find out if
anyone has gotten this to work with NSMS."

I am wondering if there is anyone here who can help me along.

TIA,

Kathryn Cohan-Haerry

--
http://personfirst.org/kathryn/