Katherine Villyard <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:03:33 -0600
>What is it with AOL services that allows folks to so easily subscribe to
>lists?  >Maybe it is too easy?

I spoke privately with one fellow who told me that he was told we were a
humor list.  I told him he was sadly misinformed.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ANYONE RELUCTANTLY SUBSCRIBED:
The stuff you were sent when you subscribed says:

>You  may leave  the list  at  any time  by sending  a "SIGNOFF  LSTSRV-L"
>command  to [log in to unmask]  (or [log in to unmask]).

Because the commands can be different with other list software, you should
KEEP that stuff people send you when you subscribe.  That keeps you from
having to send hundreds or thousands of people your "unsubscribe me!"
messages, which makes them cranky.

Katherine Villyard
Programming and Systems
Texas Woman's University