Valdis Kletnieks <$VK0@CLVM>
Tue, 13 Jan 87 14:35:15 EST
I would like to propose a mod to LISTSERV.  Currently, you can ADD/DEL a
user, which sends mail to the user, plus cc:  all the list owners.  You
can also QUIET ADD/DEL the user, which sends nothing at all.

What I propose is a 'semi-quiet' option, which would send the cc:  to
the other list owners, but *NOT* to the person being add/del'ed.  The
reasoning behind this is that currently, if you DEL a user whos account
has been moved to the bit bucket, you end up which a nastygram because
it couldn't deliver the drop notice to the account that isn't there
anymore (which is why you did it in the first place).  A 'QUIET DEL'
isn't quite right either, because I want the other list owners to know
what happened.
                                   Valdis Kletnieks