Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:55:14 -0400
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:27:43 -0300, Bruno Robichaud said:
> Hey, I notice that listserv is trying to send email to Email Address that I
> have no idea what they are, they are email I never provided to listserv, why
> it's happening and how can I stop these? Thx

It might help to know what the addresses are, what the Listserv log shows,
and other little things like that.  Trying to debug this sort of stuff is
usually next to pointless unless you have the Listserv and Sendmail/postfix/lsmtp
whatever logs so you can trace each and every single piece of e-mail from when
it comes in to the machine until it leaves.....

The biggest source of mail to "unknown addresses" that I see is Listserv trying
to reply to spam - the helpful "You are not allowed to post to list XYZ" and "Your
mail for list XYZ has been forwarded to the list owners" goes back to the
(almost always forged or joe-jobbed) sender.