Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:01:13 -0400
Years ago, I got tired of people asking if their posts had been
distributed, since they hadn't received them, and started setting up
our lists with 'Default-Options= Repro'.  Of course, the list owners
can change this, but few if any have.

Since it's been available, we've also found the super/sublist hierarchical
structure very useful, especially for groups of lists belonging to schools
or departments.

And now we're getting 'did my post go out?' questions again.  It seems
that if we have a structure like (very simply)
        X-All   (superlist)
                SubLists= X-Faculty,X-Staff,X-Students
                Send= (X-Faculty,X-Staff)
and a member of X-Faculty posts to X-All, he does not get a copy of
his post, even though he is set to 'repro' on X-Faculty, and
Default-Options= Repro is in effect on X-All.

The superlist feature is too useful to abandon because of this problem,
but if anyone has a clue how to make repro (or ack, which doesn't work
either) in this situation, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Jean

--
***Jean Snow                                           [log in to unmask] ***
*** UCNS Server Systems/Postmaster/Listserv Admin                   ***