Will Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:16:57 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>
Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>--==_Exmh_1948260208P
>
>On Wed, 05 Feb 1997 16:58:25 EST, you said:
>> I have been getting many errors like this from LISTSERV this past week.
>>
>> >[log in to unmask] sent sent a DISTRIBUTE job that was rejected for the
>> >following reason:  "You are not  allowed to use  inter-server DISTRIBUTE
>> >control  keywords".  Job  5051   ("FATHER-L  MAILDIST")  transferred  to
>>
>> This occurred after an apparent recent update of NJE peers and internet
>> peers.
>>
>> Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? I haven't had
>> to look into any distribute problems since I became the listserv
>> maintainer several months ago. It did not appear as though there had
>> been any recent software changes at TC.UMN.EDU.
>
>Most likely, UMN.EDU changed their hostname or similar, and vm.cc.purdue.edu
>is running an outdated PEERS NAMES file that doesn't reflect reality anymore,
>so it's failing to realize that [log in to unmask] is actually a Listserv.
>
>--
>                                Valdis Kletnieks
>                                Computer Systems Engineer
>                                Virginia Tech

Thanks for the suggestion. Looking into the files, I see that there was
an entry for UMINN1 in the old PEERS NAMES file that has now been deleted.
There is a new entry in the INTPEERS file for TC.UMN.EDU, which is now
hosted on a Sun Solaris. There is a 'backbone.NO' line in this entry.
Does this parameter cause a problem with accepting inter-server
DISTRIBUTE jobs from TC.UMN.EDU? These new updated files were distributed
on 01/31/97.

Should the Listserv at TC.UMN.EDU not be sending DISTRIBUTE jobs if
it doesn't have a backbone.yes or DISTRIBUTE(YES) entry?

Will Johnson                        System Administrator
Purdue University Computing Center  Computing Services Division
1408 Math Building Room 236         Internet: [log in to unmask]
West Lafayette, IN 47907-1408       Phone: (317) 494-1787 Fax: (317) 494-0566