Paul Wayper <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:32:12 +1000
> >I'm a new owner to a list running 1.8c.  Right now, when someone
> subscribes to the list, they get 2 e-mail messages.  One describes how to
> post, etc - the other welcomes them to the list and includes the name of
> the old list owner.  I can't figure out how to edit this welcome e-mail to
> change the name to my own.  Can anyone help me with this?

It's all in the List Owner's manual.  Basically, you need to GET your
listname WELCOME file ("get <listname> welcome") from LISTSERV, edit it
and then PUT it back again (reply, edit, put the command "put <listname
welcome pw=XXXXXXXX" as the first line, remove any signatures).  If
this is a little brief, try Section 6.8 of the List Owner's Manual.

HTH,

Paul