Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:12:20 -0400
I'm weak at using UNIX, so I may be missing a lot here.

In the 1.8e Installation guide for UNIX, it mentions

>If you have decided to link the lsv.o file and make your own lsv binary,
>there should be no need to modify anything in the Makefile to perform this
>step. Just enter, "make server" to build the server program. The resulting
>binary will be named "lsv".

However, an up-to-date lsv module is already supplied, so nothing happens.  Since I wanted my our libraries linked, I did the following command, which is discussed under data base support. (We don't use any DBMS.)

mv lsv lsv.lsoft
cc -o lsv lsv.o no*.o

Does this make sense?

--
BE ALERT!!!!  (The world needs more lerts ...)

Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Information Technology Services, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)