Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:15:26 -0600
>Dear Friends,
>
>Just testing here....  A friend had trouble posting to one of my lists
>and in frustration sent out the same message with the list name in listed
>thrice (in different case styles) in the same "TO" block.  The message
>bounced.   Does 1.8d test for duplicates of the list name in the "TO"
>block and reject the entire submission if any dupes are found (without
>explaining the real cause for the rejection)?

Having just tested this, it appears that at worst you'd get a:

| Your message is being returned to you unprocessed because it appears
| to have already been distributed [. . .]

-type message.  Do you have a copy of the generated bounce?

Without more evidence my best guess would be that whatever was
causing the subscriber to have problems posting before also caused
this latest problem, but of course I could be incorrect.
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support
L-Soft international, Inc