Cloaks and Daggers <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:48:48 EDT
Gentlemen,

I would like to create a listserv with the topic as outlined in the below
"Opening Statement" re: "Cloaks and Daggers".

I would appreciate responses to be mailed to my private e-mail address since I
don't follow the usual discussion groups.

If someone is willing to host this type of list, please contact me.

Thank you kindly!

                             CLOAKS & DAGGERS!
                     ============================

-------------------- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE ---------------------------

The   purpose  of  this  group  is  to  bring  together  students  and
professionals alike, both here and abroad,that share in the  study  of
intelligence  as perceived in today's rapid changing world. To offer a
meeting place for retired  personnel  and  to  draw  upon  their  vast
reservoir  of  knowledge  in  a  subject  often  misunderstood  as  an
occupation, or social institution.

It would seek to offer a meeting place for the exchange of  ideas  and
concepts;  to  analyze the effectiveness of intelligence gathering and
to differentiate between politically oriented intelligence and  profit
motivated  goals:  Government vs.  the private sector.  To discuss the
practical application of intelligence gathering as seen today vs.  the
"yesteryear"....Is intelligence a  new  concept?   One  borne  out  of
today's high tech world?

Is "Intelligence" a misnomer, or misleading? A cloak in and of itself?

To   gather,   identify,   classify,   and   ultimately,   disseminate
information - controlled, or otherwise....

If intelligence dissemination  is  controlled,  can  it  influence  or
modify  human  behavior?  "Good Intelligence" vs.  "Bad Intelligence".
Objective vs. subjective use of intelligence data. Is  one  good,  the
other bad?

"Cloaks  and Daggers" is a moderated news group, which means that only
articles with a subject matter content  -  or  life  experience  -  as
outlined  above  will  be posted!  This is only intended to assure the
free flow of knowledge and information,(intelligence?),resulting in  a
maximum educational benefit for all readers.

Although  there  is  no  limit to the number of articles you may post,
your articles should  not  exceed  2-3  typed  pages.   Further,  your
articles  should  be  concise  and  to  the  point; remember, there is
someone that wants to read what you have to say, but doesn't  want  to
wade through murky waters to get to the point of what you say.

"Cloaks and Daggers" does not assume copyright to your articles!

Rudolf Kies, PH.D. (Moderator)

P.S.:  Since  you  received  this message unsolicited, we apologize if
you find it intrusive. Rest assured that no  further  effort  will  be
made to intrude.

Please direct all inquiries to: [log in to unmask]