"Stephen Y. Odo" <T004320@UHCCMVS>
Thu, 30 Nov 89 13:55:00 HST
> Please tell me what LISTSERV is supposed  to do with a note saying "From:
> X@Y" and  later on  "From: A@B",  and then we  can discuss  the technical
> aspects of making a change to the code.

Sorry, guess I wasn't too clear in describing the problem.  The
duplicate "From:" lines contain the same address.  Most of the time
they are identical.  Sometimes one will contain the user's name and
the other won't, e.g.

   From: [log in to unmask]
   From: Rico Cheng <[log in to unmask]>

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with LISTSERV, just want
to know if there's anything I can do to get around this problem.  As
I said before, the guys running our VAXes haven't been able to fix
this problem for a long time now and I'm just searching for *any*
solution I can find (users complain to *me* because LISTSERV runs on
the system I maintain ... they don't care if the problem really with
somebody else's machine).