Duncan Pflaeger <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 20:00:44 +0100
I was wondering if anybody would be willing to host the Rail-Gen mailing list
which I currently run. Unfortunately the current host, who is a friend of the
original Rail-Gen list owner, has to remove the list to allow space for his
own lists on his 486 computer. The list is entirely non-profit.

The current figures for the list are:
list subscribers: 823
digest subscribers: 91
number of messages a day: about 15

The Rail-Gen mailing list is for posting sighting of rare locomotive movements
on the railways in the UK. Many of the posters sent and receive 'gen' from
their mobile phones via SMS. The list has been called the one of most advance
use of mobile phones by Cellnet (a major UK mobile phone company). The list
has operated for around two years now. I took over from the original list
owner in March 1999.

I realise that this is a big list, but I desperately need to find somebody who
is willing to host the list. I'm willing to pay a small sum if required and
other list subscribers have offered money in the past to keep the list
running.

The rules for the list are very strict, spam or other junk email are NOT
tolerated, since many users have to pay to receive via SMS.

More information along with the current rules can be found at:
http://www.railinfo.freeserve.co.uk/rail-gen/

Please contact me if you require any information, are able to help or know
anybody else who might be able to help.

Duncan Pflaeger
Rail Info: http://www.railinfo.freeserve.co.uk/
uk.railway FAQ: http://www.railinfo.freeserve.co.uk/faq/