Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:24:22 -0600
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:55:43 -0700, Jamie Au-yeung <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have one column 'on_mailing_list' which can be either 0 or 1 to determine whether or not to send mail to this person.  So, when a subscriber wants to subscribe or unsubscribe from the list by sending a command to the LISTSERV, I would like to see if the LISTSERV can update this column along with the command.

LISTSERV maintains subscriber 'options' (such as whether or not that user is
subscribed to the list) in the 'options' column which usually has the LISTNAME
as its title.  The format of data in this column is specific to LISTSERV and is
documented in the Developer Manual Sect 4.5.5.  It is not as simple as a 0/1
value and cannot be.  You can, as Francoise suggests, create a 'trigger' based
on this column to update a different column but LISTSERV will not do this for
you.