David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:46:58 -0600
Is there any way to limit the number of postings per hour for a particular
list?  I know there's a daily threshold, but I have a list that has over
1,000 subscribers and there are times when the list is very active.  This
sometimes causes a delay and build-up of outgoing traffic.  I'm planning on
increasing the number of threads for my LSMTP server, but was hoping there
might be something I could do in the interim.  I'm currently holding the
list for a while and then freeing it up again after the backlog decreases,
but it would be great if Listserv could automatically hold and then free the
list if the hourly threshold is reached.  It would also be nice if it could
do this for the daily threshold as well.  L-Soft, you can add those to my
wish list as well.  :)  Thanks in advance.

C. David Young
Academic Computing Services
Central Systems Support
University Of Texas At Arlington