Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:57:58 -0400
On Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:17:16 EDT, "Brian K. Becknell" <[log in to unmask]>  said:
> Hello everyone.
>  I hate to keep posting to the list about the problem I am having, but...
> The problems I have are causing severe headaches here and I need help!!!
> I have following several suggestion on the list about sendmail
> configuration and I am still having problems.

Does adding this to your sendmail.mc help:

define(`confTO_COMMAND',`5m')

The 8.12.8 default:

confTO_COMMAND          Timeout.command [1h] In server SMTP, the timeout
                                        waiting for a command to be issued.

This won't actually *FIX* the problem, but it should make the sendmail drop
the connection after the lsv side has been idle for 5 mins (and 'lsv' will
just re-open a new connection when that happens).  If it isn't dropping
it, then there's a bigger Sendmail issue.

Also, could you send me what lsof reports the connection between the two
processes is?  It should be an IPv4 connect to 127.0.0.1, but I'd like to
double-check that.  Also, use 'netstat' to see if there's any pending queued
data in either direction.

/Valdis (who is still on Listserv 1.8d, but had loads of fun beta-testing 8.12 ;)