"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:26:15 EST
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:22:28 -0500 Julie Smoker said:
>I don't know if this is the right list for this...please let me know if it
>should be on the listowner list.
>
>We recently switched to listserv and have set all our lists to
>self-moderated.  For most this is a welcome change as we had had them where
>anyone could post.  However, we have problems with one list.  The list is
>more or less a support list for users of a certain software and all
>employees at the software company would like to be able to post to the list
>without everyone being members of the list.  Are there any automated ways to
>do this, i.e. allowing all mails from that domain to go to the list without
>Editor approval or some type of incoming mail rewrite so that all mails from
>that domain appear to be from [log in to unmask]

One way that I do this is to subscribe them to the list with NOMAIL.
It requires no other changes to work, and it is easy.  I actually
have an exec that parses out the userid and listname from an "ok this"
message to the moderator and issues a

QUIET ADD listname userid@nodeid *
QUIET SET listname NOMAIL FOR userid@nodeid

Another alternative which I use is to create a different list,
and then include (other-listname) as an editor and then subscribe
those people to the other-listname.