"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Tue, 23 Jun 87 09:52:29 EDT
I also have received 1.5j.  one item of note.  WAKEUP has been replaced
with LSVIUCV, which incorporates several of the items in the main loop
of the old LSVPROF (LSVPROF went from 267 recs to 153).  This solves
the problem of potential violation of copyrights.  It also means that
if you had a change to part of the loop, for example the TRANSFER command,
you will have to get involved with assembler now.

Personally,  I think 1.5j has probably been through enough beta testing
that I would try it, except I need to modify LSVIUCV, and the assembler
source hasn't reached here yet, and it is unlikely to, since EARNET-CEARN
is down.  I'm not saying there won't be problems, but I am willing to
try it at this point since a lot of it has already been tested.

Harry

PS - Yes, I did embarass myself by confusing MAILER 1.24 with LISTSERV 1.5j.
But, it was late in the week, and I was rushing to cleanup stuff before
going away for 2 weeks.  That very confusion is why I refused to performed
the upgrade.  At that stage, I would have installed it on LISTSERV's disks,
and who knows what problems that would have caused.