Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Apr 1993 16:29:10 EDT
Has the procedure for deleting a file (or list) changed in V1.7f?
I issued the command LSVPUT SPCEDS-L (DEL just as I thought I used to
do and got back the following message:

The file you sent  back did not contain any header line.  A list must start
with a  header (contiguous  lines starting with  an asterisk),  defining at
least a title for the list. You should probably REVIEW another list and use
it as a sample.
PUT operation rejected, old list remains unchanged.

and the file sent back to me by LISTSERV looks like this (even though
I didn't send it a file):

PUT SPCEDS-L LIST PW= DISTRICT

Jim Gerland  - Consultant, Network User Support           University at Buffalo
Academic Services, Computing & Information Technology     Buffalo, NY 14260
716.645.3557 Work                                         716.645.3734 FAX
[log in to unmask]                              [log in to unmask]