Richard Hintz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 6 May 1994 09:49:09 -0800
Here's a naive question.  Right now we are connected to the NJE network
with UCBCMSA, a core site, upstream from us running Listserv NJE.
Downstream from us, we are connected via VMNET or SNA to several NJE sites
which also run Listserv NJE.

UCBCMSA --  UCCVMA  --  site 1
 (core)     (us)   \
                    --  site 2 (and another via a separate link)

We intend to leave Bitnet and license Listserv TCP/IP and LMail.  The
downstream sites may or may not leave Bitnet.  All have LMail and VM
TCP/IP, though one site is not running the VM SMTP.

How do Listserv NJE and Listserv TCP/IP interact if I retain my direct RSCS
links to the downstream sites?  What can I do, if anything, to minimize the
impact on the downstream sites?  Do they need to connect to an NJE site
upstream from me to minimize disruption?  Thanks for any help.

--
Richard Hintz    [log in to unmask]
University of California