"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 17 Nov 88 17:35:40 GMT
This works as designed. If you send a command in a file, you will get the
output in a  file. If you had sent this  command interactively, you would
have got an interactive reply. ECHO=NO only means the COMMAND will not be
echoed back  to you, ie  you won't have '>  GET CONTROL FILELIST'  in the
reply (and of course, if the reply is  0 lines it is not sent at all). In
1.5n and below, the reply was forced as 'interactive message or nothing',
for some  unknown reason (I  was probably half  asleep when I  wrote that
piece of code). Now Internet users who order a file, especially through a
server like Mark's MAC server, wouldn't  know whether the file is sent or
not and  if yes, under  what name. Getting a  small note telling  you the
file is coming prevents you from resending your request on the basis that
mail is not safe.

To suppress the message, put 'ECHO=NO,REPLY-TO=NONE' on the JOB card.

  Eric