Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 19:13:17 -0800
>When I add new List Topics, are people who are *already* subscribed to the
>list subscribed to these new list topics or do they need to subscribe to the
>topics themselves?  I looked through the manual I have and it says that when
>*new* subscribers join, they are automatically subscribed to the topics but,
>unless I'm missing it (which is a very good possibility), it doesn't say if
>current members will be subscribed to the new topics or not.  Would anyone
>happen to know?  And if existing subscribers are NOT subscribed to the new
>topics, is there a way I can do this, even if it required "resetting" current
>members list topic subscriptions.  I'm not sure if that made any sense.

I can't remember for sure, but to be on the safe side you can issue the command

quiet set <listname> topics=+<new topic> for *@*

which will add all current subscribers to that topic.  If you want the
subscribers notified, leave off the word "quiet".

Sherry

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily