"Shodjai, Foad" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:30:19 -0600
Dear Friends,

In reading a document named "Mailing list management software FAQ"
(http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/list-admin/software-faq/), it suggested that
there maybe people with MLMs out there who would be willing to host a list.

For this purpose I am writing to this list to see if there is anyone with
MLM who is willing to host the following list:

http://www.ocyt.org.co). This is a non-for-profit institution of Colombia
(Latin America) charged with measurement of Science & Technology (S&T)
activities of the country. It is a very prestigious institution in its
second year of operation and already has had a remarkable impact in the
Latin region by hosting events and developing Regional Manuals for S&T
Indicators based on the international standards such as Frascati Manual.

List: OCYT4s organization includes a "Consejo Cientifico" (Scientific
Council) as its heart. The list is to help the members of this Council to
discuss their issues and subjects.  The members are professors and
well-respected people in the field from various countries.

List Size & Load: There are some 12 members in the list. I would
characterize the load of the list as "very low"

Duration: I am trying to identify a local solution, however, no ISP in
Colombia seem to offer MLM at this moment.

When? OCYT needs the list ASAP.

Who am  I?  My name is Foad Shodjai, I work for Unisys in Colombia. My field
of research is S&T Policy and Indicators. I collaborate with OCYT in various
areas including its IT needs on voluntary basis.  I am from Canada and live
in Bogota, Colombia at this time.

Let me thank you for reading this request, and should you or your
organization be interested to host this list, I would appreciate if you
contact me.

Thanks
Foad Shodjai

Foad Shodjai <[log in to unmask]>          Tel +57(1)638-0405
Manager, Architect in Technology                   Fax +57(1)635-6721
Technology & Architecture Group (TAG)   http://iwww.unisys.com/co/tag
Information Services (IS)                          Cel +57(3)241-5505
Unisys http://www.unisys.com  Cel.Email(120 char): [log in to unmask]