Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:29:19 -0400
Alex,

Alexander Willman wrote:

> You may want to try generating an "Undelivered mail" message as follows:
>  Subscribe an invalid e-mail address to a list, then try to set or
> change the password for that address via the web interface.  LISTSERV
> should try to send a confirmation message to the invalid address, then
> generate an "Undelivered mail" message to the postmaster when sending
> the confirmation message fails.  (That's what happens when I do it, at
> least.)

This is exactly what I did, except that I did not subscribe the address
to the list first. (You don't need to be a subscriber to get a
password.) I tried to get a password for the bad address via the web
address. The confirmation request, of course, bounced. But I don't get
the "Undelivered mail" message; I get the "Delivery error report..."
message.

My analysis is in my previous message.

                                     Peace,  Dan

=>  Daniel D. Wheeler - Education & Psychology, Univ. of Cincinnati
==>  Email: [log in to unmask]      URL: http://wheeler.uc.edu
===>  Teaching Human Rights Online: http://oz.uc.edu/thro
====>  KIDLINK: http://www.kidlink.org