"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Sun, 12 Feb 89 21:34:36 GMT
I realize I forgot to post to this list too. Sigh /Eric

This note is just to let you know that I do not wish a debate to start on this
NAD-F affair. That  does not mean that I endorse  the behaviour of EARN-France
in this context; quite to the contrary,  I am strongly opposed to this kind of
totalitarian censorship (I mean changing the list to "Send=Private" to prevent
me from mailing to it, not removing me from NAD-F, where I was listed only for
historical  (FRECP11)  reasons),  regardless  of the  reasons.  To  avoid  any
misunderstanding, I would like to say  that, although the note in question was
definitely not showing any admiration or reverence to the person whose message
I was commenting  on, I have written  MUCH stronger notes in my  life and have
not used  any impolite, obscene or  otherwise insulting word (like  "idiot" or
"pea-brained" or anything like that).

Again, I think that it is totally  useless to discuss this issue at all, since
no amount of debate will change the  way in which EARN-France has acted. It is
up to  each of  us to decide  whether or  not he agrees  with EARN-France  - I
don't,  Jose-Maria doesn't,  maybe my  neighbour does,  there is  no point  in
everybody  saying whether  they do  or  not; I  don't  care on  what side  the
majority  is, I  don't want  to be  re-added to  NAD-F, I  don't even  want to
receive any kind of apologies from  EARN-France, I just want this stupid "EARN
and LISTSERV"  problem to get  solved as  soon as possible  and in a  way that
allows me to be LEFT ALONE, at which time  I will not even want to know what E
A R N stands for. I hope that is clear enough.

  Eric