John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:54:49 -0400
> Dear folks,
>
> I was asked to set up a discussion list for some of our project themes,
> but I'm totally clueless on how to set a mailing list. Can anybody help
> me out with some basic setting up instructions.
>
> I have managed to get a copy LISTSERV Lite - the one that doesn't
> require an user licence agreement. What I need to do is set it up on my
> computer.
>
> We use Novell Groupwise for our e-mail. And we access the internet via
> a proxy server.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

You need to start with reading the installation guide, particularly the
requirements needed (Chapter 3 ) before you even think about just installing
it.
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/ntinst.html

Once you know you meet the requirements, do the installation. From there you
need to pour over the Site Manager's Manual.
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/sitemgr/sitemgr.pdf

Everything is there you need to know. Just pay close attention to each area in
the manual. Since you are running LISTSERV Lite, there are many functions which
will not work with Lite and it will be stated in the manual. Since you are
going to install and run the Lite version, you need to join and ask your
questions in the LISTSERV Lite support forum

[log in to unmask]  is not appropriate for questions regarding
LISTSERV Lite.