Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Mike Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:26:06 -0700
text/plain (35 lines)
Hi,

I've encountered the looping problem.  I've searched the docs and list archives and found the this below in the LISTSERV® Support FAQ:
====
====
2.7. [LISTSERV with LSMTP only] I have both LISTSERV and LSMTP installed at my site, and get this error when I try to send email to LISTSERV.

An error was detected while processing the enclosed message.  A list of the affected recipients follows.  This list is in a special format that allows software like LISTSERV to automatically take action on incorrect
addresses; you can safely ignore the numeric codes.

--> Error description:
Error-for:  [log in to unmask]
Error-Code: 0
Error-Text: Mailer example.org said: "554 Message looping (received 6 times)"
Error-End:  One error reported.

------------------------------ Original message
Received: from mail.example.org (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) by mail.example.org (LSMTP for Windows NT v1.1a) with SMTP id <[log in to unmask]>; Thu, 12 Mar 1998 16:24:42 -0600
(repeats five times for a total of six)

You need to define "example.org" as a "local domain" in the LSMTP configuration. LSMTP must know about all its domains, otherwise it assumes they are remote and attempts to deliver via SMTP, thus causing the loop. It stops after six iterations because of the default configuration setting under "SMTP & Reports" that causes LSMTP to reject messages received more than 5 times.
======
======

My question is where in the LSMPT configuration do I define the local domain.  I defined it in the "Local Aliases" window in the "Local" tab, but that did not seem to do anything.  Still get the looping error.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike Clark

---------------------------------------------------
Get your free web based email from Crosswalk.com:
http://mail.crosswalk.com

ATOM RSS1 RSS2