Mike Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:26:06 -0700
Hi,

I've encountered the looping problem.  I've searched the docs and list archives and found the this below in the LISTSERV® Support FAQ:
====
====
2.7. [LISTSERV with LSMTP only] I have both LISTSERV and LSMTP installed at my site, and get this error when I try to send email to LISTSERV.

An error was detected while processing the enclosed message.  A list of the affected recipients follows.  This list is in a special format that allows software like LISTSERV to automatically take action on incorrect
addresses; you can safely ignore the numeric codes.

--> Error description:
Error-for:  [log in to unmask]
Error-Code: 0
Error-Text: Mailer example.org said: "554 Message looping (received 6 times)"
Error-End:  One error reported.