"Christian J. Reichetzeder" <REICHETZ@AWIIMC11>
Fri, 9 Oct 1987 14:10:08 SET
So ... I just got a piece of rejection mail from MAILER.
Since MAILER  sees LISTSERV as another  MAILER the "loop" and  "Another" lines
can be ignored. What's important is the "Syntax error".
On the first glance there seems to be no error.
But on  close inspection I  found out that what  seems to be  double-quotes is
actually XEDITs NONDISP for a byte of  '18'x. Wondering what happened I took a
look into SIGNUP FILE - and there also were the '18'x.
The user signed on today and I include the LISTSERV console.
What's going  on here ??
*--------- This is the rejected mail (lines have been deleted ---*
>Your mail was not delivered to some or all of its
>intended recipients for the following reason(s):
>
>Syntax error in field-  To
>Error loop detected.
>Another network mailer sent an invalid file.

*--------- End of MAILfile ------------*
* ===== Console from LISTSERV =====*
9 Oct 1987 08:45:58 From LISTSERV@FINHUTC: X-SUB S2030402@DBSTU1 SAS-L Hans Ric
kmann
9 Oct 1987 08:46:02 List SAS-L has been updated to include Hans Rickmann <S203
0402@DBSTU1>
9 Oct 1987 08:49:53 From S2030402@DBSTU1: signoff sas-l
9 Oct 1987 08:49:56 S2030402@DBSTU1 has been removed from list SAS-L.
9 Oct 1987 08:50:30 From S2030402@DBSTU1: subscribe sas-l
9 Oct 1987 08:50:35 List SAS-L has been updated to include Hans Rickmann <S203
0402@DBSTU1>
9 Oct 1987 08:50:57 From S2030402@DBSTU1: signoff sas-l
9 Oct 1987 08:50:59 S2030402@DBSTU1 has been removed from list SAS-L.
9 Oct 1987 08:51:47 From S2030402@DBSTU1: subscribe sas-l Hans Rickmann
9 Oct 1987 08:51:52 List SAS-L has been updated to include Hans Rickmann <S203
0402@DBSTU1>
* ===== Console from LISTSERV =====*
Christian