Bob Jackiewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 May 1996 23:54:12 GMT
We have a need to send absolutely every piece of e-mail for a list to a
person. Some of these messages are from daemon@node, mailer-daemon@node,
etc. Those seem to go through fine. However, there are certain pieces of
mail which get flagged by ListServ as possible delivery error notices. This
e-mail seems to be mail bounces on both sides. That is, e-mail send to a
non-existant user from a non-existant user, usually because of incorrectly
setup user mail programs.

The error in the ListServ message is:

... has been identified as a possible delivery error notice for the
following reason: "X-Report-Type:" field found in the mail header.

However, there is no field by this type. The closest I can find is:

Does ListServ consider those two the same thing? If so, how can I get all
error mail to get processed by the list? (In case you're really wondering,
this list is where all of the postmaster mail gets sent to be forwarded to
the current postmaster(s))

I'm running ListServ-TCP/IP for AIX 1.8b with the code that's on
LSoft's FTP server as of yesterday. Thanks for any help.

--
Bob Jackiewicz            UIC Academic Computer Center           [log in to unmask]
University of Illinois at Chicago                            Network Services