Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:49:16 -0600
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:38:12 -0400, Paul Franco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>PUT  listname  LIST  PW=XXXXXX
><header goes here>
><subscriber list goes here>
><virus sweeper message winds up here>
>
>Listserv is giving the following error error:

>PUT operation rejected, list has not been created.
>

>Is there a way around this.  I'm sure some people have signature
>files as well that can be a problem.

For most LISTSERV commands you can add the '-- ' (see example below) to tell
LISTSERV to breakoff and ignore the rest of message.  I would try this technique
(including modifying the virus sweeper tag line if necessary).  However,
generally the PUT command treats all contents after the PUT line, as "valid
content" so this may not work.

Note also the preferred method is to create the list first (which can be done
via the WWW interface) and then load the subscribers separately which can also
be done via the WWW interface or via a an email bulk-add command whose syntax
will exclude consideration of the virus sweeper footer msg.

 Ben Parker . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . L-Soft international Inc.
 [log in to unmask]  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Support Engineer