"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:44:55 -0400
We recently upgraded from 1.8d to 1.8e and I must say that this is an
impressive upgrade. I think every web usability issue ever discussed on
LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L has been addressed ... and expertly!
Congratulations, LSoft!

We did have one unpleasant surprise, and I really write this so others
might avoid it...

The upgrade completed "successfully", but wouldn't run with our
installation, as the "lsv" executable would immediately terminate with

      "...GLIBC-2.1.3 not found and is required by ./lsv..."

If this might apply to you, fair warning!  Perhaps LSoft could update the
Linux installation instructions to include this requirement, please?

Also, the installation instructions describe "touch" of the files before
MAKE, but this step is missing from the upgrade instructions.  If this step
is required, please add it to the instructions, LSoft!

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                         Systems Group - UNET
[log in to unmask]                 University of Maine System