Bill Rubin <WGRCU@CUNYVM>
Mon, 09 Nov 87 17:08:04 EST
I just spent about a half an hour trying to get LISTSERV@BITNIC to accept
a piece of mail that had been bounced to me. When it got bounced, it came
in an envelope that gave absolutely no indication why it was bounced (no
less that it was bounced mail to begin with, and not regular mail). When
I tried to send it to the list myself, it continued to get bounced. After
15 minutes or so, I decided it must be because it didn't like the header
(although I had no idea why) so I commented it out. Well, that still did
not good. Eventually, i had to delete the first character of each line of
the header and it got sent.

Eric, what is going on here? Why are you looking at headers that are within
the body on the mail? This is totally incorrect. And perhaps we can have
a reason of why the mail was rejected? Note this is not mail-via=distribute,
so DIST2 is not the answer.

Bill