"Kenny, Melissa S" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:02:48 -0400
Neil,

You need the Listserv Advanced Topics guide at
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/15.0/LISTSERV15.0_AdvancedTopicsManual.pdf.
You need to create the table as specified in the manual and then setup a
list to use it.

Melissa

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Neil Carson
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] Question re: Listserv on Win/2003 and SQL DB

Hello,
I recently downloaded and installed the latest evaluation copy of
Listserv for Windows 2003 server.
I have it somewhat configured and running and I can send a msg to
test-list etc.

My question is this. How do I get Listserv to make use of the ODBC
connection to my SQL server. I have created a Listserv database in SQL
and have created a Listserv userid with password. I have also completed
the ODBC connection work in Listserv. Does Listserv go out and
automatically create a table on SQL server via the ODBC connection to
store subscriber name, email addresses and list names ?

When I look at the Listserv database on the SQL server I just see system
tables no Listserv tables ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Or am I mistaken how Listserv makes use of a back end database. It is my
understanding that Listserv will store lists names, subscriber names and
e-mail addresses etc etc. What manual describes how Listserv makes use
of a MS SQL server database.

Thank you
Neil Carson