F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 1 Sep 2015 20:18:18 +0000
Thanks Jacob -  I think that will do it.
From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 2:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Configuring Send= Editor

On Sep 1, 2015, at 2:00 PM, F J Kelley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> One of the list owners is being overwhelmed with spam.  Current setting is
> Send= Editor,Hold
> I have checked the keywords and was wondering if
> Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
>
> would require a confirmation from the poster (spammer) or the editor or both.  Am assuming the editor, but a way to automatically toss this would be good.

Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm

requires confirmation of posts by the editor (and not by other posters).  However, there are some other, related, settings that you might find useful:

Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm,Non-Member

tells LISTSERV to require confirmation of messages of non-subscribers — such messages won’t be sent to the moderators until the message is confirmed by its original sender.  This cuts down on spam.  With this setting, editors/moderators also have to confirm their own posts.

Finally, if you want everyone to have to confirm their own posts, regardless of whether they’re subscribed or not, then use

Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm,All