Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:46:29 -0500
Gilmore,Mindy wrote:

> Subscribers are getting the source code information when they receive their
> digest.  I am not seeing where you can turn that off or is it possibly the
> user individual settings.  Anyone lead me in the right direction?  Thanks
> Mindy

I see this in digests I receive when the original postings to the list were sent
in both plain text and HTML, and the list is not configured to strip the HTML
MIME part from the message.

The entire message, both text and HTML, is sent to all MAIL subscribers, stored
in the list archives, and included in the digest. Recipients of individual
messages will see whatever their email clients are capable of displaying,
usually the HTML-ized version of the message, but recipients of the digest will
see the raw message package, i.e., both the plain text part and the raw source
code for the HTML part.

There are two ways to eliminate HTML source from the digest:
1. Teach all subscribers to send only plain text to the list; or
2. Configure the list with 'Language= NoHTML' so that HTML MIME parts are
    stripped from all messages.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator