"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Tue, 24 Feb 87 18:08:51 EST
True you may not be able to guess the actual location, but you can make
an attempt at a guess.  Besides multiple optimals, various reasons
may make itnot at that location.  For example, UORVM does not seem
to have accurate mailer tables, so I keep getting rejections from lists
at UTORONTO or CANADA01.  Rather than getting that rejection mail,
I moved the people back to MARIST.  (And complained to the postmaster
at UORVM).  If I add a new peer to a list, I may forget to explode
a given list, etc.  There can be a hundred reasons you won't guess the
correct server, but I think a fair attempt should be made.  As Ross said,
you always have IGOR (GLOBAL) to go out and get the person it needed.

For the case of more than 1 optimal server, I don't care.  Either pick
one of the possible choices, or send to all of them.  I don't care which.
I think advantages in the majority of the cases will be 1 peer, and that
will be a significant number of the deletes.

  Harry