Michael Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 23:13:48 -0400
I've seen this exact rejection message from Gmail recently, but not relating to LISTSERV. It was from student relationship management service. The problem was that it was generating FROM: headers with multiple addresses but not providing a SENDER: with a single address. This wasn't a new development, but I think Google just got more aggressive in validating this recently. I discovered that it's perfectly fine to have multiple addresses in the FROM: as long as there is a SENDER: with a single  address. I think the authentication element to the error message is that without a single responsible address, it is not possible to authenticate the source using SPF or Sender ID. In our case, we weren't able to add a SENDER: so we just switched to a single address in the FROM: header. Problem solved.

So possibly you could fix this simply by modifying your SENDER: keyword for the list.

Michael Sparks