Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 22:58:37 +0200
The LTCP exploitation update for 1.7f  is now ready for beta-testing, and
has been  running on MARIST  for a  few hours. We  need a few  other test
sites to make  sure everything is working fine before  releasing the code
to everyone, hopefully later this week.

It turned  out that the 1.7f  base had a  lot more of the  necessary code
than  I  expected/remembered.   So  I  was  able  to   get  minimal  LTCP
exploitation  by  enabling that  code  (which  is disabled  as  shipped),
re-applying the FIX18AT  update, and doing a lot of  testing to make sure
the code was already working when 1.7f was distributed. I checked all the
PTFs issued  against these modules since  1.7f, and I don't  think any of
the fixes made between 1.7f and 1.8a (to this area) are critical. However
checking the REXX code is much more  difficult, and this is why beta test
sites are needed.

  Eric